The difference between success and failure lies in the development and execution of the proper training program for the athlete.– Paul Richards
Meet the Coach1976 Olympian | Pan American Games Finalist
- Periodization-Planning Specialist (P-PS)
- Strength and Conditioning Expert (SCE)
- Junior Athletes Training Specialist (JATS)
- Personal Training Planning Specialist (PTPS)
- Conditioning Specialist Ice Hockey (CSIH)
- Former UT and OSU Sprint and Hurdles Coach
- As collegiate coach produced severlal All Americans and Olympic Medalist
- As an Elite High Performance Coach has worked with numerous World Top Sprinters and Hurdlers
- Has also developed numerousState, AAU and Junior Olympic Champions and Medalists
After graduating from the University of Toronto in 2007 with a Bachelors of Science, Mark moved to Toyooka, Japan to teach English for two years. During his stay, he became inspired by the healthy vitality of local residents—young and old—being regularly active and independent of medications.
Wanting to replicate that kind of health back home, Mark studied drugless healthcare for four years and graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2013. He later joined GSI in 2015 to pursue his passion in sprinting—a passion since the day he witnessed Donovan Bailey win Olympic Gold for Canada.
Mark avidly lives to serve as an example of optimal health through proper nutrition and lifestyle.
Bernadette is a mother of one of the sprinter athletes and loves to participate and has participated in all her daughter’s sports. Bernadette has been involved in the sport of track and field in high school but did not pursue it into an outside club or at the college/university level. Bernadette will be assisting Coach Paul Richards of GSI with all the administrative duties associated with the club. She loves working out, volunteering in sports clubs and will feels will be a great asset to the team/club.